(1) Specially designed supporting lamps should be used to meet the following two requirements: First, the temperature of the glass lamp housing is very high, and the lamps must have good heat dissipation performance; Second, the discharge tube of the high-pressure sodium lamp is semi-transparent The reflected light should not pass through the discharge tube. Otherwise, the temperature of the discharge tube rises due to heat absorption, destroying the seal, affecting the service life, and the lamp is also easy to self-extinguish.
(2) The fluctuation of the power supply voltage should not be greater than ± 5%, because the tube pressure, power and luminous flux of the high-pressure sodium lamp change with the change of the power supply voltage, which is larger than that of other gas discharge lamps. When the power supply voltage increases, due to the increase in tube voltage drop, it is easy to cause the lamp to self-extinguish; when the power supply voltage decreases, the luminous flux will decrease and the light color will become worse.
(3) The high-pressure sodium lamp can be ignited at any position, and the photoelectric parameters are basically unchanged.
(4) Ballasts of corresponding specifications must be used. Otherwise, starting is difficult and the life of the lamp is shortened.
(5) Because the sodium lamp takes a long time to restart, it is not suitable for places that require rapid ignition.